Monday, November 26, 2007

The road to recovery

Good morning!  And it is a good morning.  I have put a slide show to the right with some of the photos we have taken during our stay here.  Lonye is truly amazing.  You probably think I am saying that because I'm his wife.  He really wants to recover as quickly as he can.  He keeps telling me, "I'm doing this for you and Shelby".
I have been trying to take photos of his nurses, I only have one doc so far.  I almost forgot about them!  The nurses in ICU have been awesome.  They are making sure we keep Lonye on task so that his recovery is as speedy as possible.  They have had him up and walking a few times, sitting up in a chair and he's eating.  All of this within 24 hours of surgery!!
I am heading down to the hospital....  please if you are reading this, take time to send Lonye a note of encouragement.  Thanks to everyone for your support and encouragement, we appreciate it very much!

7 comments:

Evie Wonder said...

Lonye, it sounds like you're making a great recovery! I'm so glad surgery went smoothly. You are lucky to have such a supportive family. Please know that you have many friends cheering you on! You are in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! What a Thanksgiving blessing. My family will continue to keep your family in our prayers.
God is GOOD ALL THE TIME!
The Donats (Jordan, Kim & Cody)

Trish Frizelle said...

John 16;24 Ask in my name and your joy will be complette!!
The third time really is a charm!!
You are truely amazing! My prayers are with you all.
I am sure that Shelby's request for BIG PUFFY LUNGS has been granted. You are an inspiration to us all. And I know you will be to Sue as well.
God Speed,
Trish

Anonymous said...

Lonye and Deanna - reading about all of your experiences through this process brings tears to my eyes. I can't imagine how difficult this has been for you both but I am so very happy that you were finally able to get a match, have the surgery, and from what I've read and been told by Lee that it has gone as well as it has. It takes amazing people to get through something like this and you all have proven yourselves to be such. Take care and know you are in my thoughts.
Holly

Anonymous said...

Lonye,
I'm so happy for you. Keep up the fast road to recovery. I will be praying for you.
Julie Lange

carolyn carr said...

Hey Sunshine!! Hope it was a good day for you. I'm so impressed with your rapid recovery. You're gona prove 'em all wrong about how long you'll be up there aren't you!? I'm helping Nanci process all the loans while you're gone...haha (Hope that didn't raise the 'ol blood pressure) Seriously, don't worry about anything but getting better! Miss having you around to sound off on! Jim says "Hi" and "have a speedy recovery" Take care and we'll see you real soon. Love, Carolyn

Nanci Curry said...

Lonster,
I miss you around here. No one to visit with (or ask questions to). Actually I have been working away trying to order docs from InterFirst for Greg Miller. Not an easy thing!! I hope your day is going good. I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. Did you get moved to a new room today? Hows those new lungs feeling?
I have to get back to work.
I will write again tomorrow
Nanci