Friday, November 30, 2007

Day 6 after surgery

It's been a fun couple of days here.  My sister had been here helping with the day to day stuff.  She left yesterday, flew down to Portland.  And then went on to get our car.  That was a huge help.  It was much better than me catching a ride to Salem.  Just to turn right around head back north.  I would have been on the road for at least nine hours.  I didn't want to leave Lonye for that long.  
Dave came up yesterday afternoon and spent a few hours with us.  It was nice to be able to spend time with him.  Then, this morning our nephew came up with his girlfriend.  He's the "nurse in training" on the slideshow I just posted!  Pat, Lisa & Julie were here for several hours too.  I thought we were going to have to kick them out (I was worried that it might start snowing and they would be stuck here).  I'm sure their families wouldn't appreciate that at all.
We are still not clear as to when Lonye will be discharged.  It could be this weekend.  It just depends on when the two remaining chest tubes come out.  I think he is a little nervous.  Because once we leave here, we are pretty much on our own.  A few minutes can seem like an eternity when you have a medical crisis.  Even though the docs & nurses say "call us any time"...  we all know you call the number (it's an answering service, the doc or nurse has to be paged.  Then they call back).  All of that takes time.  He has just a tad bit of anxiety.  I can certainly understand that.  It does sound as though the team is anxious to get us out of here.  I am sure there's good reason for that too........ oh, the germs in a hospital, yuck!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't tell you how nice it was to see you both!!! Lonye, you look fantastic and Deanna, you do too. We had such a good visit and had a good trip back to Salem. Didn't encounter much traffic or weather at all. Hope your weekend is a continuation of the past week and you are out soon. I know it must be a bit scary Lonye, but here's hoping everything continues to be so good.....
Love Pat