Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A rough night

My sister came up yesterday to babysit me.  She got a room at a nearby hotel.  She let me stay there last night to get a shower and a good night sleep, which I enjoyed.  Vicki, my sister, stayed here with Lonye.  Apparently, the epidural is no longer doing it's job.  Which is to prevent the incision pain.  So, he had to endure severe chest pain all night.  Vicki called me at the hotel at 5:00 this morning to tell me what was going on.  Of course, he was worried about me so he kept telling her not to wake me up.
I arrived here at about 6:30 to find Lonye shaking, in incredible pain.  The pain management team is on the job and I think we are back on track now.

4 comments:

carolyn carr said...

Lonye, I'm sorry you had a rough night and hope they have it all under control now. I know it's hard on your family to watch and not be able to help. My heart goes out to all of you. Jim and I both admire your (& Deanna's) strength and determination. Take care and rest easy today. Thinking of you, Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Good morning my friend. I am following your journey on this blogspot and am so sorry to hear about your night last night. I'm also glad they can do something for your pain. I am praying for you and cheering you on from home. I await the day when this is all just a memory -- more footprints on your life -- and you are totally well. Keep up your good spirits and know you are loved! I'll se ya on Friday.

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Good morning!!
Lonye hope you are having a better day now and that the pain control team has you under control. You and your family are an inspiration to us! I can't wait until Friday to see you. I got to see all the photo's on your blog this morning and sat here and cried like a baby. (Tears of happiness) Jerry sends his best too!
Much love - Pat

Anonymous said...

Lonye,
I'm so sorry that you're experiencing pain and discomfort. Hang in there.... you have lots of people praying for you and your family near and far. Deanna if there is anything I can do here to help please let me know. Blessings to you both Tracy