Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The hardest part

Tonight was the Christmas program at Willamette Christian School.  Shelby's in Kindergarten there!  Chet & Tracy bought her a new dress, tights, shoes & hair accessory (just like I would have) and took her to the show.  I am sure she was very cute and did a great job.  Lee went too, said he wouldn't miss it.  I called him just before 7:00 and asked him to call me after the show.
He called at about 7:45 and said that when Shelby saw him, she came running across the room and jumped into his arms.  She sat with him, and told him that the freeway is closed.  She went on to tell him that if it doesn't open soon, they won't be able to go to Seattle this weekend.  
Tracy called right after that, said that Shelby did a great job, but she misses us.  So, she got on the phone and was sobbing.  Then I started crying, which made Lonye feel bad.  Being away from her IS the hardest part.  We both miss her so much.
It's also really hard to be away from all of our friends (and the rest of our family).  It means the world to us to read your email, guest book entries & comments too.  We read them every day, without fail.  It really does make it easier.  We are very routine, so to be this out of our element is stressful to say the least.  Add being homesick and it's even worse.  So, thank you so much for all the thoughts & prayers.....we need them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lonye and Deanna- my heart goes out to you. I can only imagine how hard it must be to be away from Shelby, especially for the big events. My children are my heart and I know that she is yours. I am praying for your strength and her bravery and for the freeway to be clear for the weekend. Much love, Lori

kayleesgrandma said...

AWW, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, but still, I am so happy for you that you will be able to see lots of Christmas plays from now on! I hope you can get home soon!